If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not your grandma's salad! Chopped Plum Salad is a culinary exploration of complex flavors that form a wonderful harmony of spicy, sweet, and tart. —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 4 cups mizuna, chopped
- 3 plums, diced
- 1/2 cup white salad turnips, cut into little sticks
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely diced
Ginger Miso Dressing
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 tablespoon ginger (fresh minced or frozen)
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- If your sliced almonds didn’t come toasted, place them in a small skillet over medium-low heat and toast them for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until they become golden-brown. Once toasted, set them aside in a dish to cool.
- To make your dressing, place all of your ingredients into a jar or a bottle with a tightly fitting lid, shake well, and then set aside.
- Next, prep your salad ingredients by chopping the mizuna, dicing the plums and green onions, and cutting the turnips into little sticks that are about half the size of a match stick. Toss all of the veg together in a bowl.
- To serve, divide the greens among four plates, sprinkle with toasted almonds, and drizzle with Ginger Miso Dressing.