If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One night recently I threw together this combo – pork chops with peaches, sweet onions, and shallots with some roasted zucchini. It was delicious--the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Enjoy! —MaryFrancesCooks
Pork Chops with Peaches, Sweet Onions and Shallots
- 3 pork chops with tenderloin section, 3/4” thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mary’s cocoa spice rub on one side of chops, S + P on the other side
- 1/2 large Vidalia onion, cut in 1/4 “ thick slices
- 2 small shallots, peeled and cut into 1/4” slices
- 3 smallish white peaches, washed, cored and cut into 8 slices
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (I used a Vouvrey)
- parsley, chopped for garnish
Mary's Cocoa Spice Rub
- 1 tablespoon raw cocoa nibs/cacao
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 8 juniper berries
- 4 whole cloves
- Combine spice rub ingredients in a mini spice grinder and pulse until finely ground.
- Wash pork chops and dry with a paper towel. Season one side of the chops with a heavy sprinkling of the spice rub.
- Melt the butter in the oil in a large skillet on low heat. Add sliced onions and shallots, cover for about 10 minutes. Raise heat to medium high. Add chops, seasoned side down and let cook for 4 – 5 minutes, uncovered. Salt and pepper the top side, turn the chops and add the peaches all over. Cook for another 2 minutes, then add the wine and cook for another 2 -4 minutes, uncovered, until just done, 140 degrees. Remove the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Keep the sauce and peaches warm on low heat and slightly covered.
- After meat has finished resting, pour peaches, onions and juices overall, garnish with chopped parsley and serve with LOVE.