If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From The Settlement Cookbook: The Way To A Man's Heart by Lizzie Black Kander. Pistachios can be either salted or unsalted, depending on if you like some salty-ness in your sweets. —sarah kieffer | the vanilla bean blog
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2-4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1/2-3/4 cups pistachio nuts, chopped small (add the 3/4 cup if you really like pisatchios)
- Combine all the ingredients except the pistachios in the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on low speed until small bubbles form, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and and continue beating, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to high and continue beating until cream is smooth, thick, and nearly double in volume, and 30 seconds.
- Use a spatula to fold in the pistachios. Transfer mixer to a freezer safe bowl or a loaf pan, and freeze for at least 6 hours.