Author Notes: Delicious and refreshing, guilt-free dessert. —anka
containers 2% yogurt ( 9 cups to start and about 4 1/2 cups strained yogurt )
cup homemade black currant sauce ( any berry sauce will work).
cup maple syrup
cup hot water
packets unflavoured gelatine (2 tablespoons)
extra black currant sauce for serving
In This Recipe
- Use a large square of 5 - 6 layers of cheesecloth. Place over strainer or colander. Put yogurt into a strainer with cheesecloth and tide. Put everything over a large bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
- Mix hot water with gelatine powder. Set aside to cool.
- Place yogurt, maple syrup and black currant sauce in a mixer bowl and mix to incorporate.
- Add gelatine and beat on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the loaf pan ( 14x4 inches ) covered with saran wrap. Leave in the fridge for 4-5 hour or overnight to set.
- Serve with black currant sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts