If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If there is something that say summer, on the top of the list is tomatoes and basil, fresh from garden.
Easy to make and if you don't want there is not even cooking involve.
- 6 tomatoes
- 15-20 basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium green zucchini or 4 yellow
- 6 cups spinach ( one pound )
- Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds and dice.
- Wash, dry and chop basil leaves.
- Mince garlic.
- Put everything in mixing bowl, add salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix and keep on the side.
- Raw. Wash and slice zucchini lengthwise in to noodles using mandolin ( you can use vegetable peeler). Mix zucchini noodles with tomato and basil mixture.If you like softer zucchini mix with sauce 1-2 hours before serving.
- Warm with spinach. Cut zucchini into french fray size. Wash and dry spinach. Heat some oil from tomatoes and basil mix, add zucchini and sate 1-2 minutes. Add rest of tomatoes mix and spinach. It is ready when everything is heated through and spinach is wilted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash