Author Notes: A dairy-free version of a popular Mexican dessert —Leah Bent
coconut ice cream, shredded coconut flakes, coconut sugar, enjoy life chocolate chips
pint coconut ice cream
cups shredded coconut flakes
tablespoons coconut sugar
cup enjoy life chocolate chips, melted
- Scoop ice cream into 4 balls. Place on a tray lined with parchment. Freeze until very hard.
- While ice cream is freezing, toast coconut in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Stir constantly, so coconut flakes do not burn.
- Toast until golden brown. Remove from heat immediately and pour into a bowl.
- Stir in coconut sugar. Let cool.
- Remove ice cream balls from freezer, and working quickly, roll each one into the coconut mixture. Return to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Right before serving, drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert