If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A dairy-free version of a popular Mexican dessert —Leah Bent
coconut ice cream, shredded coconut flakes, coconut sugar, enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1 pint coconut ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips, melted
- Scoop ice cream into 4 balls. Place on a tray lined with parchment. Freeze until very hard.
- While ice cream is freezing, toast coconut in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Stir constantly, so coconut flakes do not burn.
- Toast until golden brown. Remove from heat immediately and pour into a bowl.
- Stir in coconut sugar. Let cool.
- Remove ice cream balls from freezer, and working quickly, roll each one into the coconut mixture. Return to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Right before serving, drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
More Great Recipes: Desserts