If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Love pasta but don’t want the carbs? Zucchini noodles (zoodles) are a great alternative, as they provide a light, flavorful low-carb option for pasta-lovers everywhere. This dish is loaded with flavor and satisfaction and is perfect for anyone looking to watch their figure. —Atkins
Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole roasted and unsalted almonds
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a food processor process the almonds until finely ground. Add the garlic, parsley and Parmesan; pulse 4-6 times. Add in the 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) and pulse again a few times. Set aside.
- Spiralize the zucchini or use a grater with the zucchini lengthwise to get longer strands. Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook the zucchini for 4 minutes using tongs to stir and rotate until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Toss the warm zucchini with the pesto, sprinkle with the crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional) and divide into pasta bowls. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Note: to roast raw almonds, heat oven to 350°F, toss nuts on a sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes. Cool before using.