If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These delightfully sticky grilled chicken drumsticks have just the right balance of sweet honey and tart balsamic flavors, making them a hit with both kids and adults alike. Marinate them the night before for a quick and easy meal. —D'Artagnan
- 10-12 Organic Air Chilled Chicken Drumsticks (http://www.dartagnan.com/organic-chicken-drumsticks-air-chilled/product/ZCHIORG107-1.html)
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish (optional)
- In a non-reactive dish large enough to fit all of the chicken drumsticks, whisk together vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Remove about 4 tablespoons of the marinade and reserve in a separate small container, covered in the refrigerator. Add the chicken to the large container, turning to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, up to overnight. Turn the chicken a few times during the marinating process.
- • When ready to cook, preheat a grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Discard marinade. Grill until chicken is just cooked through, turning often to avoid over-charring. Toward the end of cooking, brush drumsticks with reserved “clean” marinade, creating a glaze. When done, the thickest part of the drumstick should register 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove to a platter to rest. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped parsley.