If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These amazingly easy seed bars are made entirely out of seeds, so if you have a nut allergy these might be for you. They are also gluten-free. Seeds have all sorts of good properties, which make them a healthy option. —bonheurcuisine
cup sunflower seeds
cup flax seeds
cup organic sesame seeds
cup black sesame seeds
tablespoons chia seeds
cup organic honey, warmed
ounces salted butter, melted (or unsalted butter and a pinch of fine salt)
teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Grease and line an 8" inch square baking tray
- In a bowl combine the seeds, ground cinnamon and pinch of salt, if using unsalted butter. Add the vanilla extract to the melted butter and pour over the seeds. Stir to combine
- Add the warm honey and mix with the aid of a wooden spoon
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F. Pour the seed batter into the prepared tin and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the surface is golden brown
- Allow to cool for ten minutes and mark the bars with the help of a sharp knife. Allow to cool completely for several hours
- To serve wrap each bar with a strip of parchment paper. You can keep them in an airtight container for upto a week