If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Avocado Lime and Coconut based Creamy Deliciousness Gourmet Frozen Desert —Kitty Lars
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey or 3/4 C Agave Syrup
- 1 cup Full fat Coconut Cream (canned)
- 3 limes (zested and juiced - in separate bowls)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 Ripe Avocados
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 packet green tea bag (lemon verbena green tea bag)
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Steep a cup of tea (I like lemon verbena green tea for this recipe) cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove tea bag or tea leaves. aves.
- Add raw honey or agave, and zested lime, to tea and cover, let sit another 20 minutes. Remove cover and pour through fine mesh sieve to remove solids. Set in fridge to cool.
- Process coconut cream in food processor or with hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form (like with whipped cream). Remove to bowl and cover and set in fridge.
- Peel and place avocados in food processor (no need to clean food processor after whipping the coconut cream) add lime juice, puree until smooth (a blender can be used if needed). Remove and whisk in the tea mixture, vanilla and sea salt.
- Remove whipped coconut cream mixture from fridge and carefully fold the avocado lime mixture into the whipped cream until well blended while maintaining the fluffy air texture. If the mixture is in a glass dish or bowl, cover with plastic cling wrap and put in freezer for 4 to 6 hours - removing and mixing every hour to maintain fluffy texture. Or add as is to ice cream machine to freeze into gelato.
- Serve in chilled stemmed fountain bowls / glasses with a few fresh berries or berry coulis, or with a drizzle of Chambord for a gourmet dairy free crowd pleasing healthy frozen dessert.