If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While at a beach house, I threw together this salad with bits and pieces found in the fridge. —MrsWheelbarrow
cups 1" (rough) cubed bread, preferably from a good loaf gone a bit stale
tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
pound heirloom tomatoes, chopped; if cherry tomatoes, halved
cup chopped kalamata olives
cup cucumber, seeded and peeled, and cut in half moons
cup fresh mozzerella, cubed
cup fresh basil and/or parsley
tablespoons excellent extra virgin or green olive oil (pine nut or pistachio oil is heavenly)
juice of 2 lemons
fleur de sel
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss cubed bread with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Toast bread cubes for about 10 min. to lightly crisp, stirring halfway through cooking.
- While the bread is toasting, chop and prepare the other salad items and toss with the lemon juice into the prettiest serving bowl you can find.
- Add the warm bread to the salad items, drizzle on the excellent oil, sprinkle with crunchy fleur de sel and cracked black pepper and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tomato Recipe