If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If I've ever felt that I could define myself with a salad, this is the one. First and foremost, the color: bright pink, a range of shades of green, and the tiniest pops of mustardy-brown beads. Then there's the texture and flavor: crunchy and spicy balanced with smooth, creamy avocado, all in one bite. Hearty enough to stand up to a creamy dressing with a little bite. This recipe is perfectly seasonal; the first of spring's hottest days are among us, the markets are filled to the brim with radishes and greens, yet you can still find a couple of last season's apples. It's a salad worthy of serving at a dinner party, or bringing to a picnic in the park, or with you to work every single day for a week straight. —Alexa Arnold
For the salad
- 3 bunches radishes
- 2 apples
- 1 bunch flatleaf kale
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Rinse the radishes and remove the tops. Chop into toothpick sized pieces. Repeat this step with the apples (removing the skins is optional).
- Thinly slice the kale into strips. Place into a bowl or on a large work surface and sprinkle with sea salt. Using your hands, massage the kale by squeezing it vigorously until it softens.
- Add the chopped radishes, apples and kale to a large serving bowl and set aside. Halve the avocados.
- Prepare the dressing: add all ingredients to a jar and shake vigorously.
- Serve a generous helping of salad with an avocado half, and toss lightly in dressing.