If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from Bon Appetit (June 2006) —Tara
Makes 7 cups
- 1 bag (14 oz) purchased, shredded coleslaw mix.
- 1 Red bell pepper- julienne'd
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro (use more or less depending on your preference)
- 5 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons Siracha (or other chili sauce) use more ore less for desired heat
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 pinches ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon course kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine coleslaw mix, red pepper and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl- whisk canola oil, lime juice, chili sauce, source cream, sugar, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper until blended.
- Add to the cabbage mix, toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. This can easily be doubled or tripled for larger crowds.
- Adjust any of your seasonings as needed. I have noticed that when I make this in the summer the cilantro and lime flavors are more vibrant.