If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A filling, yet light and refreshing salad! —Marisa | Margaritas In The Rain
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned (very thinly sliced)
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 dash sea salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by marinating the beef with salt, pepper and garlic (if you have time, leave it overnight for best results!). When you’re ready to cook, grill beef on medium high for approximately 6 minutes on each side. Let cool slightly, and then slice thinly.
- Then whisk together lime, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add the vegetables and beef, and mix to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of the butter lettuce, and enjoy!