If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A sweet and seasonal addition to homemade, tangy kombucha. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
Makes makes three 34 ounce bottles
- 1¼ cups Strawberries, halved
- 1½ ounces Basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 15 cups home brewed kombucha from The Kombucha Shop Kit
- 3 34-ounce swing top bottles (or equivalent)
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberries, basil, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook until strawberries have broken down, about 6-7 minutes.
- Transfer strawberry mixture to food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Let cool completely.
- Pour ⅓ of the puree into a large glass pitcher. Add about 5 cups of kombucha and stir with a plastic or wooden spoon. Using a plastic funnel, pour liquid into a 34-ounce swing top bottle (alternatively, you can use mason jars or other tightly sealed jars). Repeat with remaining two bottles.
- Store bottles in a dark and cool place for 2-4 days, then transfer to fridge. Strain strawberry pulp before serving.