If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Layers of cheese, onion, and prosciutto create possibly the perfect pizza, with an egg on top it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound Crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound Ready to bake pizza dough
- 3/4 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces Proscuitto
- 3/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add red onion and cook until slightly translucent. Stir in mushrooms and cook until they release their juices, about 5 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar and cook for additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stretch out pizza dough so it's a ¼ inch thick oval shape. Transfer dough to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle dough with asiago cheese, then top with prosciutto slices. Top with onion and mushroom mixture, then add gorgonzola cheese.
- Pull out top oven rack and place baking sheet on top. Crack eggs into center of pizza before pushing the rack in.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the whites have set and cheese has melted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of