If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Focaccia is a type of flat herbed bread, originating in Italy. The texture of the dough and the basic recipe in general is very similar to dough for a pizza. The difference is in the amount of yeast and the time that must be left to rising the dough before baking. The traditional version of this bread with wheat white flour, olive oil and lots of aromatic herbs and whole olives are there to complete a mediterranean charm. For this recipe I used four types of whole-wheat flour as an alternative to white flour and we were very happy with the result Focaccia is a very worthwhile venture because it is abundant and well combined with various meats and spreads. —Ivana Prendic
Makes ivana prendic
- 500 grams Fine corn flour
- 200 grams Bukhwheat flour
- 200 grams Oat flour
- 500 milliliters Lukewarm water
- 10 grams Fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 handful flax seeds
- 20 milliliters Olive oil, cold pressed
- 1 piece Garlic
- 1 sprig Fresh rossemary
- 10 pieces Cherry tomato
- 1 handful fresh basil
- In warm water, stir yeast and sugar and leave it for 5 minutes to up come the yeast.
- In large bowl put the flour mixture and salt and make a hollow, in that hollow, pour the oil and yeast and slowly unite the ingredients, and then knead until you got the not sticky and however soft dough. With Focaccia only be patient, the point is to knead it well and to have time for longer rising. If the dough be sticky with the above amount of flour, add the white flour to the point that no longer sticks. Then you have 1h and 30min to leave the dough to rise.
- After that don’t knead it again. Just remove it in baking pan (oiled) and with hand spread out to cover the entire surface of the pan, with your fingers pressed holes in it.
- Preheat oven to 200C, sprinkle the dough with oil, sliced tomatoes and garlic press with your finger in to it. Sprinkle herbs and ready to bake for 30 minutes.
- When done remove from oven and sprinkle with oil and cover with a cloth and leave to cool covered!