If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Don't mess with a classic...ly absurd sandwich. This recipes makes one sandwich, which maybe you want to share with someone. I know—usually my gluttony knows no bounds—but this thing is a meaty, cheesy, fried dessert explosion with JAM, so all bets are off. —Kendra Vaculin
Makes 1 sandwich
- raspberry jam (with seeds is great!)
- 2 slices bread
- thinly sliced ham
- grated Gruyère cheese (it's best to buy a hunk of cheese and grate it yourself for increased melt-ability)
- grainy brown mustard
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pat butter
- Heartily spread jam on one slice of bread. Pile on a neat heap of sliced ham and grated cheese. Spread a good lot of spicy mustard on the other piece of bread, and then top off your sandwich with it.
- In a shallow dish, whisk egg and milk together. Dip the sandwich into the mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Heat butter in a pan, swirling to coat the bottom. Fry the sandwich on both sides until the outside is golden brown and the cheese is all melty and perfect. Slice in half and chow down on that monster with reckless abandon.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!