Author Notes: It's a naughty gluten free slice smothered with cream, nuts and drizzled with maple syrup! —Cle-ann
2 free range eggs
60g coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
30g dutch cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate, chopped
200g hazelnut meal (or almond meal)
6g (1 tsp) gluten free baking powder
Pinch murray river sea salt flakes
1 tsp vanilla
Sprinkle dutch cocoa powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup hazelnuts
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Oil and line a 8x7 inch baking tin (or line any flat baking tray).
- Whisk eggs and sugar.
- Add vanilla, cocoa, chocolate, hazelnut meal, baking powder and mix together well.
- Place into tin and press into shape and top with a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean, let it cool in the tin.
- Whip cream, vanilla, cocoa and maple syrup until soft peaks form.
- To assemble, spread over cream, top with hazelnuts and drizzle with maple syrup. Share