If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mexican-inspired chocolate recipe using some of my favourite stone-ground staples. —Cle-ann
- 2-4 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 disk Taza Chocolate Mexicano Guajillo (or 37g dark chocolate with a pinch of chilli powder), chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of Murray River salt flakes
- Fresh fruit
- Slice tortillas into desired shape (strips or triangles).
- Add 2 cm of oil into a small saucepan, heat on high until you reach 180°C. Fry tortillas for 1 minute or until crispy, drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Place cream, chocolate, vanilla and salt in a heatproof bowl over a double boiler, stir until chocolate is dissolved.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over tortillas and serve with fresh fruit.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts