Author Notes: Mexican-inspired chocolate recipe using some of my favourite stone-ground staples. —Cle-ann
2-4 corn tortillas
1 tbsp coconut sugar
¼ cup cream
1 disk Taza Chocolate Mexicano Guajillo (or 37g dark chocolate with a pinch of chilli powder), chopped
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Pinch of Murray River salt flakes
In This Recipe
- Slice tortillas into desired shape (strips or triangles).
- Add 2 cm of oil into a small saucepan, heat on high until you reach 180°C. Fry tortillas for 1 minute or until crispy, drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Place cream, chocolate, vanilla and salt in a heatproof bowl over a double boiler, stir until chocolate is dissolved.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over tortillas and serve with fresh fruit.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts