If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 5 pounds Whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon Fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground chipotle
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijion mustard
- Preheat to 400F.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- In small bowl, combine thyme, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, honey, chipotle, and lemon juice. Rub chicken all around with glaze. Roast for 30-45 minutes until skin browns.
- Reduce heat to 350F and roast for 1½ to 2 hours, checking occasionally and baste with juices. Chicken is done when a meat thermometer registers 180F at the chicken’s thickest part.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later