If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh toppings with a Creamy Dill Vinaigrette! —The Spoon and Pint
Makes 1.5 cups of dressing
- 1 cup classic olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic in jar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons real mayonaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Lavender's all-purpose Greek seasoning
- 1.5 teaspoons sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Store in refrigerator and keep cool if you are not using right away. You may need to shake / stir the dressing before serving. The oil and other ingredients get separated as it settles. This recipe makes about 1.5 cups of dressing.
- Disclaimers: 1)Our garden dill was in the fridge for about a week making it not as strong. You may want to cut down on this ingredient, start with a couple of pinches. Keep adding until you get the dill flavor you like! 2)For the salt and pepper we used a 1/2 teaspoon of each but salt and pepper to your tastebuds! We know everyone likes salt and spice different!
- The Toppings for the Greek Salad: We used fresh garden lettuce. Any type will do! Even fresh spinach leaves would be great! Top salad with English cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red/yellow bell peppers, red onions, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. We also like to salt and pepper our salads after the toppings are on!
- We didn’t toss this salad, because well, look at those pretty salad toppings! Place dressing in a separate serving dish and let your guests dress their own!
More Great Recipes: