Author Notes: I've been on this huge juice phase, turning all my fruit into a great on the go snack. Searching through the web for inspiration I came across this new fad; celery juice. Hmm something I've never tried but I do love my celery sticks, so why not. After absolutely loving this new drink recipe, celery and fruit juice blended, I thought to myself let's make this into a frozen treat. That's how I came up with this super fresh and tasty sorbet. —Joshua Ernest Lonneberg
Makes: 1 quart
milliliters Freshly squeezed Grapefruit Juice
milliliters Corn Syrup
tablespoons Grapefruit Zest
grams Caster Sugar
milliliters White Wine
Drops of Pink Food Dye
- Zest your grapefruit first before you squeeze out enough juice to obtain 250ml of fresh juice.
- Add corn syrup, sugar and zest to the juice mixture.
- In a blender, blend your celery with the water and wine until very smooth. Strain to remove all of the fiber bits.
- Add your celery juice to the grapefruit juice and add a couple drops of your food colouring. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. The mixture needs to be very cold.
- Once the mixture is cold, pour juice mixture into your ice cream machine and follow your machines instructions. Your looking for a nice smooth sorbet.
- If you don't have an ice cream machine, simply place the mixture in your freezer and stir every hour or so. You won't achieve the same smooth texture, but all the flavour and hard work pays off into a great treat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert