If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh summer lemon cuts through a fragrant rosemary in these delicious baked doughnuts. —Sus Davy
grams Spelt flour
tablespoons coconut flour
teaspoons baking powder
milliliters almond milk
tablespoon fresh rosemary
lemon (zest and juice)
teaspoon vanilla extract
pinches sea salt
tin coconut milk (chilled overnight)
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3 / 170 o C Grease 6 non-stick donut trays very lightly with olive oil
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients and mix into a batter. Using a spoon or a piping bag, divide the mixture evenly between the donut trays.
- Leave to cool for 10 mins, then tip onto a cooling rack and let them cool completely (it’s important to let them cool before you try to add the icing)
- Once cool, spread coconut icing over donuts, and sprinkle over extra lemon zest.
- Coconut Cream Icing Open your tin of cooled coconut milk. scoop the thick cream off the top and into a bowl. Whisk until it forms peaks. (Unfortunately for me, as I was whisking my cream, I ran out of power on the boat, the whisk had drained our batteries!) So mine was a bit runny, but still tasty.