If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Between the creaminess of the goat cheese, the bite of acid from the lime juice, and the sweetness of the melons, this dish is sure to please! —Ryan MacDonnell
- 6 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1.5 ounces grapeseed oil
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- 6 tablespoons sushi-grade tuna, small dice
- 6 tablespoons galia melon, small dice
- 6 tablespoons watermelon, small dice
- 6 sprigs tarragon or mint leaves
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, mix goat cheese, salt and pepper until cheese is soft. Place in a pastry bag.
- Mix grapeseed oil with lime juice, herbs and pink peppercorns. Using three separate bowls, toss grapeseed oil mixture with tuna, galia melon and watermelon.
- To assemble: Place ring mold on a flat surface. Place 1 ounce of diced tuna on the bottom. Top with 1/2 ounce of goat cheese. Continue with 1 ounce of galia melon followed by 1/2 ounce of goat cheese. Complete the last layer with diced watermelon and carefully remove ring mold. Finish with a dollop of goat cheese, a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and herbs.