If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A southern summer sorbet. Pick the best fruit you can; sad peaches make for sad sorbet, and make sure to use an aged balsamic. Top a scoop or two of sorbet with a little gin or vodka, and some soda water for a cold summer cocktail. Inspired by Serious Eats Strawberry Sorbet recipe. —wenderzz
- 2.5 pounds fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Port wine (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped basil
- Throw the first 5 ingredients in the blender; whiz until good and pureed.
- Place it back in the blender with basil, and whiz again until basil is chopped tiny but not pureed. (if you want to streamline the process you could add the basil with the other ingredients and proceed from there, but I like doing it this way so the green bits of basil are a little larger)
- Chill thoroughly, at least a couple hours or overnight.
- Once it’s chilled well, process it in your ice cream maker per manufacturer’s instructions. Store, tightly covered, in the freezer. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.