If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Seasoned and grilled sweet watermelon pairs perfectly with goat cheese and thyme. —Fallon Graham
Food52 Review: I have to admit, I chose to test this recipe because I was intrigued by the thought of grilled watermelon. We love grilled peaches, but couldn't imagine the watermelon angle. However we're so glad we decided to try this one! The grilling relaxes the watermelon and pulls out surprising depths of flavor and texture. The goat cheese is an exciting counterpoint. The ease and convenience of this delicious combination guarantees it a spot on our plates throughout the summer. —lmikkel
- 1 watermelon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 chile powder
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 16 sprigs thyme
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Cut the watermelon into 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Use a one-inch diameter biscuit cutter to punch out 16 watermelon disks.
- Season each watermelon disk with a pinch of salt, pepper, and chile powder.
- Place each piece of watermelon on the grill for 5 minutes. Flip and grill for another 5 minutes. Look for grill marks. Remove the watermelon from the grill and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Slice the goat cheese into eight slices and cut those eight slices in half.
- After 30 minutes, remove the watermelon from the fridge. Top each slice with a piece of goat cheese and a sprig of thyme.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon