If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cornmeal for texture, lemon for tang and ripe blueberries take these pancakes over the moon! —garlic and zest
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon suar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- butter for frying
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Slowly pour the liquids into the dry ingredients mixing to combine -- don't over mix, some small lumps are ok.
- Heat griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a small pat of butter to the griddle and swish it over the surface. Ladle pancakes onto hot griddle in about 1/3 cup increments to make 4" pancakes.
- Cook pancakes 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Carefully flip with a spatula and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven while you finish off the rest of the pancakes.