If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fresh and easy recipe with tons of flavor that will be a great pair to your grilled items. —Afner
- 2 cups Diced Watermelon
- 2 cups Diced Cucumber
- 2 Lemons
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Salad: In a big bowl we will sprinkle some of the pine nuts to make the first layer, then add some of the cubes of watermelon and then some cucumber. Grate some zest of the lemons on top of the first layer, as well add some of the fresh mint leaves.
- Then repeat, do the same layers until your bowl is full. This will spread the ingredients more evenly and les mix will be required when serving (which probably would spoil the watermelon).
- Dressing: The dressing is dead simple to put together. In a smaller bowl we'll squirt the juice of the two lemons, the honey and mix. Then add the apple cider vinegar, olive oil and with a whisk mix again, thoroughly. Lastly season with salt and pepper to taste to balance the flavors.
- Finally, serve in individual plates with our grilled fish, chicken or other meat. It is also very nice to eat alone, since it's super light and tasty (which to me means one can eat much more). Enjoy!
- Note: I enjoy this salad with my grilled protein in the summer but any other cooking method or meals could use this salad as their "best buddy".
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon