If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Very refreshing, this salad is full of flavour. You've got the sweet with the honey, the saltiness with the olives and sun dried tomatoes, the heat with the chilli infused oil and a little bit of a "zing" with the sherry vinegar. If you don't have time to make your own chilli infused oil you can find some in any grocery store, feel free to add some fresh chilli if you want it more spicy. I also like the three different sort of watermelon, every bite is different and it make this dish very interesting. —Brice
Makes 1 serve
For the Watermelon
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- Chilli infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon whisky
- 1/4 Watermelon
- For the first one, cut a 1 cm slice of the watermelon and put it aside
- For the second, mix honey, sherry vinegar, and lime juice. Marinate a second slice of watermelon in this mix and put it aside
- For the third, cut another slice of watermelon, heat up a pan with chilli infused olive oil and fry the slice 1 min on each side or until the watermelon start to get a little bit brown. when the watermelon is ready pour the whisky in the pan and put it on fire with the flame from the stove (flambé). BE CAREFUL the flame can go very high.
For the salad
- 2 cups Watercress
- 2 Olive sliced
- 1/4 cup Sun dried tomato sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon Chilli infused olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Lime juice
- 1 pinch Poppy seed
- Add the olive and sun dried tomatoes to the watercress, dress with the chilli oil and lime juice mix.
- Put the 3 watermelon on a plate, make sure the flambé one is still warm, add the watercress, olive and tomato mix. Top with feta, lemon rind, roasted walnut and finish with a pinch of poppy seeds
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon