If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So simple, so tasty. —Colleen Stem
Food52 Review: This was just lovely, especially considering it only called for 2 ingredients and took me 10 minutes to make and eat! The caraway seeds give the cantaloupe a nutty flavor and searing brought out all of the melon's juices.
Serves as many as you like
- 1/2 cantaloupe (seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Toast caraway seeds in a skillet for 2 to 3 minutes in a skillet over medium heat. While those are toasting, slice cantaloupe into inch-thick wedges (you can remove the rind, but don't have to). Once the caraway becomes fragrant, remove seeds and set aside.
- Place skillet back on medium heat and place cantaloupe wedges in the hot pan. Sear each side for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until the melon becomes juicy and starts to caramelize. Flip and cook the opposite side the same way. Remove the melon and sprinkle with toasted caraway seeds. And eat!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon