If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One day shopping about I noticed these beautiful Canary Melons for sale and I said to myself wow I need to do something with them. Naturally I purchased them along side with some Honeydew melons. During my childhood years I was lucky enough to cruising on the big fancy ships and during the dinner meals I always chose a cold soup. Those memories were the big inspiration to my cold melon soup made with lime and coconut milk. —Joshua Ernest Lonneberg
- 1/2 Canary Melon
- 1/2 Honeydew Melon
- 30 milliliters Sherry Vinegar
- 15 milliliters Lime Juice
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 20 Mint Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 200 grams Smooth Tofu
- 2 tablespoons Curry
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Masala
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Puree
- First start off by steeping 10 mint leaves in the coconut milk for 30 mins. Ensure you steep the leaves leaving the milk in the fridge.
- Using a melon baller, ball out 3 melon pieces per dish being served. Marinate the melon balls with 5ml lime juice and all of the sherry. Leave in the fridge until service.
- Peel and cut all of the remaining melons and save half of seeds for later. Blend the melons with the coconut milk, remaining lime juice and honey. Keep refrigerated.
- Blend together all of the ingredients for the Tofu spread and keep refrigerated. Depending on your curry love you may increase or decrease the spices to your liking.
- Optional Step Rinse and clean out the seeds that were saved from the melon. Toss with canola oil and some cayenne pepper. Roast in the over 325 F for 15 mins. Nice and golden brown.
- Put it all together. Using a chilled bowl, line the centre with a small amount of tofu spread. Ladle the melon soup to desired amount. Garnish on the tofu spread 3 melons, chiffonade mint and the roasted seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon