If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fresh garden mix of arugula, baby lettuce red onion thin slices, coated in Pomegranate Citrus Champagne vinaigrette dressing, with overnight Pink Moscato soaked watermelon cubes, roasted pumping seeds and bites of whole grain toast with garlic butter and goat cheese that adds some crunchiness to the salad, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese flakes. —Semadar Gordel
For the Salad:
- 5 cups baby lettuce mix
- 5 cups arugula leaves
- 1/4 red onion cut into half , thin sliced
- 2 cups watermelon cut into 1/2" cubes, soaked in pink moscato (I used "Barefoot") for at least 3 hours, refrigerated
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 10 pieces whole grain bread
- clove garlic
- 1 packet soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese flakes
- 30 cilantro leaves
For the Pomegranate Citrus Champagne vinaigrette dressing:
- 1.5 tablespoons pomegranate syrup
- 1/8 cup orange muscat champagne vinegar (I used "traders Joe")
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil (good quality)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- pinches ground black pepper
- add all the ingredients into a jar with a lead. shake well till combined.
- toast the bread just for a 1-1.5min, take the garlic clove and rub it into the toasted bead. spread butter and goat cheese between each couple of bread slices, and with a 1" round cookie cutter cut small round bites from each sandwich. preheat a pan, add few drops of olive oil or butter, and toast the goat cheese bites until it gets crispy.
- combine the dish: just before serving the salad, pour the dressing over the salad and gently mix. put in a serving plate, add 4-5 crunchy goat cheese toast to each serving plate, sprinkle toasted pumpkin seeds on top, sprinkle Parmesan cheese flakes and cilantro leaves. Bon apetit!
- If you want to prepare in advance, keep the salad green mix separately from the watermelon cubes, refrigerated. mix the dressing ingredients in a jar, combine just before serving otherwise the vegetables will get soggy and will loose their freshness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon