If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy, grilled shrimp paired with a homemade peach salsa to create the perfect sweet and spicy combination. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
Food52 Review: WHO: Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch's recipes are already Community Picks—and almost all of them are spicy.
WHAT: Spicy-sweet grilled shrimp dinner that practically makes itself.
HOW: Chop up a quick peachy salsa while shrimp hangs out in a citrusy, chile-spiked marinade. By the time you've skewered and grilled the shrimp, the salsa will be ready to top it off.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Love how this tasted. The heat from the shrimp paired well with the sweetness of the peaches. I will definitely make this again. I would even make the peach salsa on its own. Such a great summer dish. Tastes good cold, too. —Anna Francesca Gass —The Editors
Serves 2 to 3
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (chile garlic paste)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño, finely chopped (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Heat your grill to medium heat.
- Make the marinade for the shrimp by whisking together the lime juice, sambal oelek, sriracha, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Place shrimp in a bowl and pour 3/4 of the marinade over shrimp, tossing to make sure shrimp are well coated. Set remaining 1/4 of the marinade aside and let shrimp marinate while you prepare the salsa.
- For the salsa, combine all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Let the salsa sit while you grill the shrimp.
- Skewer the shrimp on metal or wooden skewers (if using wood, soak skewers in water first so they don’t burn), making sure to leave a little space between the shrimp.
- Grill shrimp over medium heat until cooked through, brushing with the reserved 1/4 of the marinade throughout the grilling process.
- Remove cooked shrimp from skewers, place on a plate, and serve topped with the peach salsa.
- Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit Contest Finalist!