If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a perfect, easy no-cook summer salad that's hearty and filling as a main dish. Play around with the chopped veggies - I'm sure something like fresh corn, grapes or firm plums, or raisins and walnuts, feta cheese, would be delicious too. Part of the fun is playing with the colors, yellow peppers, green cucumber, red tomato - you can mix it up with what you find at the market.
This goes perfectly with crusty toasts, some old fashioned plain yogurt, and ice coffee on the side. —NinaM
- 1 Large sweet orange carrot
- 1 Cucumber
- 1+ Large red tomato
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup Cooked and drained chickpeas (garbanzos)
- 3+ tablespoons Favorite Vinaigrette
- Pour your simply cooked and drained chickpeas in a serving bowl.
- Chop all the veggies into roughly chickpea-sized pieces, add to bowl.
- Tear basil leaves over the top.
- Dress and stir softly to mix ingredients and colors together.
- Serve in a pretty bowl, along with toasts, yogurt, nuts, a cheese plate, or whatever you like!