If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chutney is a condiment of Indian origin, generally made from seasonally fresh ingredients. An Indian take on the Genoese pesto, the Basil Chesto™ has a hot kick but retains the freshness and creaminess of the pesto. —Annada Rathi
Makes 2 cups
For Basil Chesto™
- 4 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 5 small thai chile peppers destemmed
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons water
- Grind all the ingredients together in a heavy duty blender like Vitamix.
How to use the basil chesto™?
- 1 packet store-bought pizza dough
- 2 cups red bell pepper, zucchini 1/2 inch- thick slicesstrips
- 2 teaspoons basil chesto™
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cut into strips (optional)
- Saute the bell pepper and zucchini strips in olive oil at medium heat till they become soft. Salt and pepper as per your preference.
- Roll the pizza dough with a rolling pin on a baking sheet. Form a circle 4.5-5" radius. Spread the chesto™ liberally and layer sauteed pepper, zucchini and fresh mozzarella strips.
- Pull one side of the dough over onto the other side and stick both the sides to form a turnover. Bake for 30-35 min at 350 degrees. Take it out of the oven and after slight cooling cut into pieces. Serve warm.