If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Baked pasta was inspired by Mlinci (Baked noodles, traditional Croatian side dish).
Baked pasta was inspired by Mlinci (Baked noodles, traditional Croatian side dish).—anka
ounces (350 g )fresh fettuccine
ounces ( 100 g) pancetta or smoked cured bacon, thinly sliced
small shallots, thinly sliced
teaspoon chili flakes (optional but recommended)
cup (handful) fresh chives, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
- Bake fresh noodles in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 F, turn over and bake 5 minutes longer, depends how dark you won't, darker the colour, nuttier flavour.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil, put baked pasta in and turn the heat off, make sure to cover all pasta with water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In meantime slice pancetta and shallots.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil, add chilli flakes, pancetta and shallots, saute 4-5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and save some liquid, add pasta to pancetta and shallots, if it is to dry add some liquid.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add fresh chives.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving to allow the flavour to develop.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal