Author Notes: If you love Thai flavours you will love this Thai Coconut Broccoli Soup. If you love easy dinners within 30 minutes you will love this even more. Green curry pastes vary in heat so check the heat of the paste you use before using the full amount stated if the paste you use is very hot.
Adapted from Donna Hay —heinstirred
grams green curry paste (taste the paste for chili heat before using whole quantity)
milliliters reduced fat coconut milk
grams broccoli, chopped
grams baby spinach (reserve some leaves for garnish)
salt and pepper to taste
spring onion (scallion), sliced for garnish
coriander (cilantro) leaves for garnish
- Place the curry paste in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and water and bring to the boil.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 10 minutes until tender.
- Add the spinach and cook for another 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove from the heat and using a hand held stick blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide between 4 serving bowls and garnish with the rest of the spinach leaves, coriander and spring onion.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut