If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those “You can take the girl outta Utah, but you can’t take the Utah outta the girl!” recipes. This is in essence a fruit salad, made slightly more “classy” than the original that I have had at many a BBQ over the years. This came about because my son wanted fruit salad (thanks Wiggles) everyday and I ran out of fun ways to make it, then it dawned on me that we hadn’t had this version of my youth! It’s simple and people love it, they may pretend they are too groovy but once you turn your back the bowl will be gone! Keep in mind I did update it a bit, but not much, and this is a fun throwback to a 60’s era recipe that every homemaker had in her arsenal. —Alexandra V. Jones
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, mostly drained, packed in juice (yes canned, it was super classy in 1965)
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained, I even found ones packed without sugar!
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, stemmed, you can use fresh if they are in season
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 apple, cored and medium diced, I like fuji for this.
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime juiced, and zested
- 1/2 cup roasted coconut, you can use the shredded sweetened from the baking area, that is what the original had, I wanted a less sweet more sophisticated option
- 6 ounces cup coconut yogurt, I used liberte
- 1 cup multi colored mini marshmallows, optional but fun.
- Combine all ingredients, add the lime zest at the end and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut