If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These chocolate beetroot brownies are gluten-free, relatively low in sugar and easily adaptable to be vegan. They are soft, moist and thoroughly delicious. —carolinescooking
Makes 36 mini-muffin size
cup coconut milk
ounces dark chocolate (at least 63% cocoa solids)
ounces cooked beetroot (approx 8oz peeled)
ounces medjool dates
teaspoon vanilla essence
cup almond flour
cup chestnut flour
cup rice flour
teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C.
- Gently warm the coconut milk and chocolate together in a small pan until the chocolate melts.
- Blend together the beetroot and dates.
- Add the eggs to the beetroot-date mixture, one at a time and blend in.
- Mix in the vanilla then the flours, baking powder and coconut milk-chocolate mixture.
- Once thoroughly mixed, pour into an oiled tray, right to the top of the mini muffin mould. Bake for approx 15mins until they have risen, slightly cracked on the top, and a skewer comes out only slightly sticky or clean.
- If you prefer, pour into an 8x8in tray instead. If doing so, they will need approx 30mins cooking time.
- Wait until cooled a few minutes before removing from tray and cutting, if appropriate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut