If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love beer and I love incorporating it into my cooking. This is a simple recipe that is perfect for summer! —Jenny Goycochea
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup porter (such as Breckenridge Vanilla Porter), stout or brown ale
- 14 ounces coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat an oven to 375° F. Spread coconut out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toast for 5 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Heat cream in a sauce pot til the edges are bubbling, then remove from heat. Add vanilla bean seeds and pod and 1/2 cup of toasted coconut to the cream and let cool. Remove the vanilla bean pod and discard.
- Mix the cream with the beer, coconut milk, lime juice and zest, and sugar until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut