If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very normal thing to be found in my home kitchen, or more specifically, freezer. Take some out, grab some yogurt, and you've got a quick and delicious weekday breakfast before you're out the door. —Carmen Ladipo
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 large mango, puréed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped mango, less than one cm wide
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Place the mango purée in a large bowl. Separately, combine the baking soda and water, then mix into the mango purée. Let sit for 5 minutes (this is so that the mango acidity lessens, so your bread doesn’t come out too strong or sour, but instead mellow and rich).
- Combine the sugar, eggs, oil, and coconut in a new bowl until well incorporated. Mix this into the mango purée.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder, one third at a time. Add in the chopped mango and yogurt last, then place in a bread pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven at 350° for 60-70 minutes, until the top is plenty browned and firm. Take out and let cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut