If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The original recipe from an unknown online source was called Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies. After making a few significant revisions, one of which was adding coconut, I changed the name and have had a batch of these deliciously chewy cookies in the refrigerator ever since. These are as close to a guilt free cookie as I have ever had. —HawaiiBryan
- 4 Ripe bananas, frozen with the skin on, and then thawed
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Coaches oats. Rolled oats could also be used but the Coaches Oats add to the chewiness of the cookies.
- 1 cup Unsweetened finely shredded dried coconut
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- Over a medium mixing bowl, pinch off the bottom of the bananas and squeeze the banana to get all the fruit and juice out. The banana will be mushy and will literally fall out of the skin.
- Add the apple sauce, peanut butter, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Mix well with a spatula to blend all the ingredients.
- Add the oats, coconut and raisins. Mix well, cover and set aside in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- While the oven is preheating to 350° F, measure out the mixture using a 2 Tablespoon coffee scoop. Roll loosely into balls and flatten slightly to shape the cookies to about 2" diameter x 1/2" thick.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely, place them in a sealed container and refrigerate.
- Unlike a typical cookie that you want to sneak a taste of while still warm, these taste best when eaten cold.