If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mallung means tempered vegetables (with mustard seeds, turmeric powder, curry leaves and fresh dessicated coconut). It is a popular way to prepare vegetables in Sri LankaYou can use this recipe for any leafy vegetables of your choice. I have tried the recipe with Chinese choy sum and bok choy. And boy, they worked! Since I’m in the kale phase, I have attempted the recipe with kale, naturally. —Emily Tan
Serves: 2 people
tablespoon Cooking Oil
teaspoons Black Mustard Seeds
teaspoon Turmeric Powder
grams Cavolo Nero
cup Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
- Rehydrate the dessicated coconut with 1/4 cup water. Mix and set aside while prepping other ingredients i.e. slice the onions, Cavolo Nero and chop the red chilli.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil with onion and mustard seeds over medium flame. Saute until the mustard seeds start to pop.
- Turn the flame over to low and add turmeric powder and curry leaves.
- Saute until fragrant. Add Cavolo Nero with 1/2 cup of water.
- Mix to combine with the onion mixture and saute until soften.
- Stir in coconut and chilli and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and serve immediately with rice and sunny side up eggs.