If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Why is the humble little apricot held in such high esteem all over the world? This sweet and tangy summer sipper may hold some clues to the mystery! —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
whole apricot, pitted and quartered
teaspoon light brown sugar
ounce dry vermouth
teaspoon hazelnut extract
Squeeze of lime juice (from a 1/8 lime wedge)
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the apricot and brown sugar until all the juices have been released.
- Fill the shaker 3/4 full with ice.
- Add the gin, vermouth, and hazelnut extract.
- Squeeze a small amount of juice from a lime wedge (about 1/8 of a lime) on top and shake vigorously.
- Strain with a Hawthorne strainer into a hurricane glass and enjoy!