If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A mouthwatering meatloaf stuffed with boiled eggs turns into a festive dish for any occasion, served hot or cold.
Most European and some South American countries call meatloaf a fake, faux or mock rabbit. I have no clue why. Perhaps it originated as a dish served for Easter. You know bunnies bring and hide Easter eggs (never understood why) so this is a fitting name.
The look of sliced meatloaf deluxe is so festive you'll get the credit for spending hours in the kitchen, but the truth is it's super easy and simple to make.
When I was a kid and a very picky eater as you can learn from my about page, I would only eat food that was visually appealing and this meatloaf was definitely one of those pretty dishes. Don't you think?
—All that's Jas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter an 8-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle the bottom with a tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 11 ingredients with your hand until just combined. Do not overwork it as it will get too tough. Transfer the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper and pat to form an 8x12 inch rectangle. Place boiled eggs next to each other and using the wrap to start a roll, roll meat over the eggs beginning at the long end. Place seam side down into the loaf pan. Spread top with ketchup. Place bacon slices on top or make a pretty lattice pattern if you desire.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 50 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 1- inch slices. Serve warm as a main dish or cold for an appetizer or snack.