If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summery patty pan squash is stuffed with a light and protein packed filling of seasonal produce and salty feta. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 2 Ears of corn on the cob
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Leaves of Kale, coarsely chopped or torn
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add in corn and let boil for about 12 minutes. Drain water, let corn cool, then cut corn off the cob. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, to prepare squash, cut off stems and scoop out inside flesh, being careful not to dig too far into the sides. Chop the flesh and set aside. Drizzle some olive oil into the inside and on the outside of the squash and rub, making sure it’s evenly covered. Set squash into a baking dish. If some of the squash are wobbly, cut off a small bit of the bottom to create a flat surface, but be careful not to cut a hole.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and salt. Add chopped up squash flesh and kale, and cook until squash has softened and kale has wilted, about 5 minutes. Add in black beans, corn, and feta.
- Stuff each squash with as much filling as possible. Top with squash lid and bake for 15-20 minutes, until squash is tender.
- If you have remaining filling, use it to make a breakfast burrito with eggs tomorrow morning!