If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very popular East Indian holiday dessert. Uses 4 ingredients and keeps for months. —Dhrubaa De Mukherjee
cups Grated coconut
cup Khoya/Mewa/Milk Solids
teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Mix all the ingredients in a cast iron skillet or a heavy bottomed pan.
- Heat the pan over medium heat. Stir continuously until the sugar and kheer are completely melted and the mixture starts forming a lump and sticks to the spatula. Takes about 8-10 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- While the mixture is still warm, take a little bit and roll it between your palms to form round shapes.
- Tranfer to a plate that has been slightly greased. Store the coconut laddoos in an airtight container. It keeps for about a month.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut