Author Notes: This is a very popular East Indian holiday dessert. Uses 4 ingredients and keeps for months. —Dhrubaa De Mukherjee
cups Grated coconut
cup Khoya/Mewa/Milk Solids
teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Mix all the ingredients in a cast iron skillet or a heavy bottomed pan.
- Heat the pan over medium heat. Stir continuously until the sugar and kheer are completely melted and the mixture starts forming a lump and sticks to the spatula. Takes about 8-10 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- While the mixture is still warm, take a little bit and roll it between your palms to form round shapes.
- Tranfer to a plate that has been slightly greased. Store the coconut laddoos in an airtight container. It keeps for about a month.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut