Author Notes: This recipe is derived from traditional Marathi karanji recipe. —Rekha Deodhar
Makes: 30 cookies
cups fresh grated coconut
drops different colors
cup regular milk or almond milk for vegan version
In This Recipe
- Follow the instructions on the Puff Pastry packet to thaw the pastry.
- Mix coconut, sugar, milk and vanilla in a pan and stir it on the medium heat for 5 minutes. Then cool it.
- Cut pastry in 3 pieces lengthwise and roll each piece to 3 "in width.
- Divide coconut mixture in 3 parts. Add yellow, green and red color to one part making 3 colored coconut mixture.
- Place red coconut mixture at the center of one puff pastry piece and make a roll. Repeat this with remaining yellow and green mixture. Then cut each into 10 pieces. Press on the cookie sheet facing coconut upwards.
- Bake the 30 coconut cookies for 10 minutes on non greased baking sheet.