Author Notes: This lovely Asian-inspired rice pudding makes for a really comforting dessert or filling breakfast. The risotto rice is slowly cooked in coconut milk, and paired with tangy raspberries and crunchy pistachio nut brittle. Super yum! —Anne's Kitchen
grams pistachios, chopped
grams risotto rice
milliliters coconut milk
- Start by making the pistachio brittle. Put the sugar with 4 teaspoons of water into a small frying pan and leave to melt, stirring from time to time. Once the sugar syrup starts bubbling, stop stirring and leave to bubble until the caramel starts turning light golden. Add the pistachios and while stirring the pistachios. Pour the pistachio brittle onto a piece of baking paper and leave to cool.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the rice. Stir for one minute until translucent.
- Add a ladle of the coconut milk and the sugar and bring to the boil while stirring. Once the risotto rice has absorbed most of the coconut milk, gradually add the rest of the coconut milk – always a ladle at a time, stirring between each addition and only adding more coconut milk once all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Repeat this process with the milk. In total, this will take approximately 20 minutes.
- Break up the cooled pistachio brittle. Divide the rice pudding between four bowls, top with raspberries and pistachio brittle.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut